|Yummy ice cold watermelon! Ditching processed foods forever!|
Of course I have my cheats, such as when company arrives and we go out to eat. Even then though I stay away from highly processed substances, especially sugars, wheats, corn, beans and dairy.
I am eating more now; lots and lots of healthy foods.
Here is my typical Paleo food day. I am not a purist Paleo, just trying to stay away from most processed foods.
- Breakfast - 2 cups coffee & green tea, 2 eggs (boiled, scrambled in butter or over medium), 4 slices of bacon, and a piece of fruit
- Lunch - one avocado, one tomato, handful or almonds or several small sardines
- Dinner - grilled salmon with garlic, kale, onions, rosemary, turmeric, and green peppers
- Water - 2 liters
- Snacks - couple handful of almonds, cashews or walnuts
- Breakfast - 2 dried dates, small bowl of black eye peas and small piece of baked chicken breast
- Lunch - 2 veggie burger patties & small bowl sauteed garden veggies in EVOO
- Dinner - 2 small bowls black eye peas
- Snack - couple handfuls of salty Lays potato chips (I know....) & 1/4 cup walnuts, couple of Nori wrapped garlic clove
I am staying away from high carb, processed corn and wheat products. I am eating ocean fresh fish, grass fed beef and high quality fruits and vegetables.
Today I checked in at 175 lbs on the bathroom scale. That is down 11 pounds in two months and 65 pound since my second open heart surgery. And I am not hungry anymore.
Remember, always check with your doctor before changing your diet!